Saturday, May 15, 2010

Commuting back from the boat.

The winter has come and gone, which can only mean one thing: back to New England. It was an interesting/fun/heartbreaking/progressive/explosively sad/explosively happy/special/cool/memorable stay with my very good friends down south. I love them all, as they really came through for me and showed their true colors as main-men and wo-main-men. I feel incredibly blessed to call so many wonderful people "my friends".

So I flew into the gateway of New England with my touring bike and decided to ride the 55 some odd miles home from there. It was 11:00 pm by the time we touched down. A bit late to start the longest bike ride I have embarked on since the tour last November. So I assembled my bike and pedaled out the door into the woods about 4 miles from the airport. Slept hard in the bivy until the church bells woke me up at 9:00 am. It was unseasonable hot out that day, but i managed to make it back, and ride some amazing roads along the way.

Now I am back at my sisters house in the woods of Old Lyme. It is a sanctuary out here. I am extremely happy right now. I have been spending my off time from the boat building trails out of her back yard. So far I have come across some old bottles dating back to the 1870's in what i presume to be an old hobo camp judging by its proximity to the train tracks. Stuff like that is heavenly to a guy like me.

XOXOXOX -Rainbowpath

No comments:

Post a Comment