Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9.8.09: 18 miles

today i convinced my brother in law, chris, to join me on a ride. i have no friends around anymore, and ammie is usually off doing yoga come ride time, so chris is my new/old friend. he does not own a bike, nor has he ever worn spandex...he was born in belgium....but he has never heard of the ronde, or roubaix for that matter. but he knows a lot about jeeps boats and beer. i have never had a friend like this before.

we did a short ride to start him off. i let him ride my cross check wich is a size 58. perfect for my 6'3" frame as i like my bikes on the small side. chris, however, stands 6'8"! even with the saddle raised above the min. insertion, it looked like he was pedaling a kids bike. we rode for about 1.5 hours and had some good conversation. maybe i will get him out again and he will start to realize the beauty of 120 psi, a fresh team kit...and a 65 cm frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment