Saturday, August 22, 2009

8.22.09: 22 miles

I ride the 22 miles on route 1 from clinton to work in old saybrook about 100 times every summer for the past 14 summers. and then there was 2 winters ago when i did it 5 days a week. route 1....countless times.

somehow i never get tired of comuting. its my favorite form of cycling...wich means its my favorite form of anything. there is something about not wearing a chamois or cycling shoes. just a little gold bond on the taint, and your off! brings me back to when riding a bike was your only ticket to the world...or 2 town radius. nice and simple, just riding to where you need to get.

this evening on the way home i was listening to a certain at the gates instrumental that made me think of listening to it on my walkman 10 years ago in the snow in durango on my way to see a show at the xtream room to meet lyn. run on sentance. that was a time where i would never ever think to be where i am now. in clinton, not being a singer in a swedish melodic death metal bands, not even being a gym teacher....still working on the sea sprite...still riding on route 1.

1 comment:

  1. This was an enjoyable read that I can relate to 100% - I hope to see you soon my friend...

    ReplyDelete